The Greek word Paranoia was first introduced to me by an Ingliserong colleague in Call-Center way-back in Ortigas, Manila. I could evoke how my agent-colleague went berserk while calling us “Paranoid” everytime our pasaway na gang rampaged around her booth. To comprehend what she, our freaking prey alleged, I consulted the Wikipedia and found out: this psychotic P is a term used to describe a delusional state. Had since our neutral actions were misread as hostile, - our poor fellow herself is Paranoid.
Moreso, if you resemble our suspicious, irritable, introverted, depressed, jealous, selfish and bitter assembly; Welcome to the Club then - because not doubt, PARANOIA dwells in you. The notorious personality disorder unknowingly nurtured by every John DeLaCruz, by every one anywhere. A type of disease more horrific & deadly than the virus SARS. A widespread problem since time immemorial in which the victim of such find it difficult to distinguish what’s real and what's not. Oddly enough, it is present in a doom and gloom mentality - in the absence of mirth and of joy. Hope it won’t took ages before men of today unearthed the cure. Further, here's other instances of Paranoia in our typical, daily lives:
· An acquaintance popped-up. (its for favor)
· Unresponded emails & texts. (we’re not cared for)
· A spouse went home late. (he/she’s “playing fire”)
· A politician just won an electoral seat. (corruptions will rule after)
· Our workmates on their Tribal lingo’s. (they’re talking silly against us)
· A Balikbayan neighbor/relative came back (we deserved a pasalubong)
· We’re sitting-down next to a goon-looking guy. (he’s a holdaper/a serial killer)
....THESE and MORE!
Flags, Tires, Effigies were set ablazed (and creepy enough, even human in flesh) by the hands of those whose self/cultural egos were “impaired”. Paranoia had reached its toll by claiming peoples lives and ruining relationships. Bitter experiences and personal past history have had played major role on this grave behavioral-issue. Hence, no matter how serious and unmanageable it sounds, HOPE may rule still only if one renew a distraught mind.